What is the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program?
The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is a Visa program available to foreigners who want to obtain a green card through an investment in a new or existing business in the United States that will create at least 10 new full-time jobs for American workers. This program is specifically designed to offer wealthy foreigners a unique opportunity to be granted a permanent residency in the United States relatively quickly without having a U.S. employer petition for them. Under this program, the minimum investment a foreign investor can make in the U.S. economy is $1,000,000 or,for businesses located in certain designated areas, an investment of $500,000.
The EB-5 Visa is one of the fastest and most reliable U.S. immigration methods – not only for an investor but also for his or her whole family!
The Benefits of the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program
As a foreign investor, the EB-5 Visa will provide you with the following benefits:
- You and your family can obtain permanent residence in the United States by simply making an investment in a new business of $500,000 or $1,000,000 (depending on the area where business is located).
- You will not have to wait in line for a green card to be granted.
- You and the members of your family that are accompanying you will have a right to work int he United States.
- You and your family will be allowed to live in the United States and enjoy the positive business climate of the world’s greatest economy.
- After two years living in the United States under the EB-5 Visa, you will be granted the status of Permanent Resident. Additionally, after five years living in the United States under the EB-5 Visa, you will be eligible to apply for U.S. Citizenship.
- You will be able to move in and out of the United States freely and travel to dozens of other countries without having to apply for visas.
- As a Permanent Resident in the United States, you will be able to send your children to the U.S.schools and universities with in-state tuition, which generally is much lower than what foreign students typically must pay.
Requirements for Participating in the EB-5 Program
In order to qualify as an EB-5 Investor, you will need to meet the following requirements:
You Must Invest a Minimum Amount
The minimum required investment in the United States for the EB-5 Visa is $1,000,000. However, the qualifying investment amount within a Targeted Employment Area (an area of high unemployment or a rural area) is reduced to $500,000.
You Must Invest in a Real Business that Involves Business Risk
Every EB-5 Investor is required to invest in a new or existing commercial enterprise. A “Commercial Enterprise,” in this context, is defined as “any for-profit activity formed for the ongoing conduct of lawful business.”
The term “Business Risk” is used to imply that, in order to qualify, the EB-5 investment must be made into a real business in the United States that is not a guarantee of success. Investments made into instruments with zero business risk such as Treasury bonds, will not qualify for the EB-5 Visa.
Your EB-5 Business Must Create at least 10 New Jobs for American Workers
Every EB-5 Investor must ensure that the business in which the investment is made preserves or creates at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers within two years of the Investor’s admission to the United States under the status of Conditional Permanent Resident.
You Must Manage the EB-5 Business
Any EB-5 Investor who is admitted into the United States must be able to demonstrate that he or she is actively involved in the management of the new EB-5 commercial enterprise. However, if your investment is made via a Regional Center, you will not be required to be involved in the day-to-day management of the business.
The Invested Funds Must Have Been Obtained Legally
In order to qualify for the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, investors are required to prove to the USCIS through solid evidence that the money they are investing in the United States has been obtained legally.Evidence proving the legality of the funds could include documented gifts, tax returns, documentation showing the sale of stocks or the sale of real estate,etc.
You Must Meet the General Immigration Requirements
To obtain Permanent Residence in the United States(commonly referred to as a “green card”) through the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, every applicant must meet the general U.S. immigration requirements,which include going through a medical examination, a background check, and not being a member of the Communist Party, among others.
Hire a Florida Immigration Attorney
If you are looking to enter the United States to start a new business under the EB-5 Visa and wish to come specifically to the beautiful State of Florida, the first step you must take towards your goal is to hire an experienced and trustworthy Florida Business & Immigration Attorney to guide you through the application process and help you make sure you meet every requirement.
You can count on me, Romy B. Jurado, to help. With several years of experience working with foreign investors and traders from all over the world at my Law Firm, Jurado & Farshchian, P.L., I can honestly say that I am the right lawyer for you.